12 February 2013

Valentines Day card

Valentines day is almost upon us and for anyone who is leaving it last minute to create a card for their loved one, you can whip a card up quick smart with just a few basic Fiskars tools.
Over the next few days i will be posting a few quick ways to make a valentines day card with Fiskars tools like your Fiskars trimmer,Squeeze punches and Fiskars Stamp press.
So ok..... first up is a great way to make the most of your Fiskars trimmer.
Here is a card i made with just a couple of my Fiskars tools,but mainly my Fiskars trimmer.


I Really loved making this card with just a few off cuts of paper and card stock.
I cut with my Fiskars trimmer 6 matching squares for my patchwork design and then glued them to my card. Then i embossed the stitching on the card. For added embellishment i punched a Scalloped heart using my Fiskars Squeeze punch, and made it like a button by punching 4 holes with my Fiskars eyelet setter tool. I added a button and then using my new Fiskars interchangeable border punch cartridge called feathered friends i dded the little birds in black.
THis card took no time at all to make and i got to use up a bunch of oddment papers i had sitting around.
Tomorrow i will share with you another way to use your Fiskars trimmer and also a great technique using your Fiskars stamppress.
Tara :)

No comments: