11 July 2012

using acetate as a card.


Hello there everyone

My sister in law had a bubs last week so i became an Aunt!!! the first thing that came to my head. OMG i need to make a card!


So out come my trusty Fiskars Border punches,Trimmer and scissors!
But i wanted to make the card special! so i decided to make the card out of acetate.
The trick with acetate though is you cannot make mistakes! and you have to plan what you are going to place on it as you can see through it!
I used my Fiskars Trimmer to cut an A4 sheet of acetate in 1/2 and then scored it using the scoring blade on my Fiskars trimmer.
I then started to assemble the card with out gluing.
Here is my card.

P1020430 (Medium)

I used my Fiskars double bubble border punch and my scallop border punch. i then die cut out a butterfly and made a tab for my sentiment. I used my Fiskars fingertip knife to cut out the image i coloured.
Then when i knew it was how i wanted it i used wonder tape to stick on the acetate.
I really hope my sister in law likes it!

Tara :)

No comments: